Need inspiration to host your next dinner party?
Camp Quality’s Dine at Mine campaign is back for a third year, and the idea is so simple -- invite mates over and ask them to make a donation to charity for their meal.
This year Camp Quality hopes to raise $350,000 -- enough to send 270 kids living with cancer to a resilience-building, life-transforming camp.
Personal trainer and author Scott Gooding is on board as an ambassador to spread the message and suggests this avocado and chocolate mousse as an easy, healthy dessert.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 6-7 tbs cacao powder
- 2 small cans coconut cream
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 cup mendjool dates -- pre-soaked and pitted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod -- seeds scraped
- 1/3 cup of macadamias -- roughly chopped and lightly toasted
- punnet of fresh raspberries (frozen fruit is fine too)
- In a large blender or food processor, blend the dates for two minutes or until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Add the avocados, coconut cream, cacao, cinnamon, vanilla and honey and continue to process until smooth.
- Place into glasses or serving bowls and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes. Once set, top with berries and toasted nuts. Serves 6-8.