Police Raid Home of 17 Year Old Charged Over Alleged Facebook Threat

06/10/2015 10:19 AM AEDT | Updated 15/07/2016 12:50 PM AEST
NEW! HIGHLIGHT AND SHARE
Highlight text to share via Facebook and Twitter
Vstock LLC via Getty Images
Hands in handcuffs, close-up

Sydney police have raided the home of a teenager charged with threatening a Sydney police station.

The 17-year-old student was arrested on Tuesday morning and charged with assaulting and intimidating police, two counts of resisting arrest and using a carriage to menace, harass and offend.

The teenager attended the same school, Arthur Phillip High in Parramatta, as the 15-year-old who shot a man dead at Parramatta's police headquarters last week.

Farhad Khalil Mohammad Jabar killed veteran police force worker and accountant Curtis Cheng at close range outside the Parramatta police headquarters on Friday.

The Year 10 student was killed by police in front of the building after he shot dead Mr Cheng.

Police arrested the teenager outside his high school around 8.30am.

"Police spoke with a teenage boy in relation to alleged posts on social media," Police said in a statement.

It's alleged he had posted a video of New South Wales Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione addressing the public about last week's deadly shooting with the caption "merryland [sic] police station is next hope they all burn in hell".

He was arrested and has been taken to Parramatta Police Station.

school

The arrested student had his belongings emptied on the footpath before he was handcuffed and taken away in a police van, the ABC reports.

He told the ABC that police took offence to him videoing them on his mobile phone.

Tuesday marked first day back at school since the fatal shooting last week.

More On This Topic

Advertisement
Advertisement