Regular people of Australia who don’t have the luxury of pay TV, rejoice! Because there’s an entirely new free-to-air channel coming -- dedicated solely to everyone’s great love -- food.
As of 1pm on November 17, SBS will launch Food Network -- a brand new channel set to dish out the best homegrown and international food programs -- with a large focus on “everyday food” and culinary adventure 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
“SBS has a proud reputation for delivering distinctive food programming that allows Australians to delve into different cultures,” said SBS Managing Director, Michael Ebeid.
But don’t worry, they’re steering clear of croquembouches and macaron towers, ensuring content is approachable whether you’re a first-time cook or ameuture chef.
“Food Network will offer a taste of something more, with a focus on simple, authentic and accessible everyday food inspiration from around the world, available all day, every day,” he said.
Fronting the new channel is popular Aussie chef Curtis Stone who’ll have three of his shows featured as well as international culinary queen Rachael Ray.
There will be food inspired travel programs including Reza: Spice Prince of Vietnam and Jonathan Phang’s Caribbean Christmas as well Ted Allen’s Chopped sourced through a licensing agreement with Scripps Networks Interactive.
Of course, it wouldn’t be SBS without some solid local content which will be led by familiar foodies including Adam Liaw and Shane Delia.
A full list of programming below.
- Beach Eats USA, premieres January 2016
- Kitchen Inferno, premieres November 21
- Rachael Ray’s 30 Minute Meals, premieres November 17
- Giada At Home, premiers November 17
- Reza: Spice Prince of Vietnam, premieres November 17
- Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, premieres November 17
- Chopped, premieres November 17
- Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern, premieres November 17
- Guy’s Grocery Games, premieres November 17
- Happy Foodie New Year, premieres November 18
- Barefoot ContessaL Back to Basics, premieres November 17
- Man Fire Food, premieres November 17
- Kids Baking Championship, premieres November 22
- Jonathon Phang’s Caribbean Christmas, premieres December
- Siba’s Festive Table, premieres December
- Anthony Bourdains: No Reservations, premieres December
- Ching’s Restaurant Redemption, premieres March 2016
- Follow Donal to… Vietnam, premieres March 2016