Getting your bake on during the festive season is fun, but is also a clever way to create a delicious and unique gift.
Follow this super easy recipe by Julie Goodwin, then pop them in a tin, box or large jar and decorate with ribbon.
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 200g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180*C.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl. Stir the wet into the dry ingredients. Wrap in glad wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper to a thickness of about 3mm. Cut out with Christmas-shaped cookie cutters and lift with a palette knife onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Biscuits must be completely cool before icing.
Makes about 36 medium sized gingerbread shapes. Prep time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 10 minutes per batch. Julie Goodwin, owner of Julie’s Place cooking school, has teamed up with Westinghouse to share some easy and delicious holiday recipes.