Craft beer lovers unite. It's official -- Pacific Ale from Byron Bay’s Stone & Wood Brewing has been voted Australia’s most popular craft beer.
Voted by who, we hear you ask? By craft beer drinkers themselves.
The GABS Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beers poll began in 2008 and now sees thousands of passionate Australian craft beer drinkers vote for their five favourite Australian craft beers of the year.
"We are very proud of the result as it’s an endorsement of the quality of Pacific Ale as we continue to grow," Ross Jurisich from Stone & Wood said.
“Everyone at Stone & Wood has really delivered and this result is testament to that.”
On this fine arvo, raise a glass with your mates and family to all the independent breweries out there, who with passion are dedicated to producing good beer. We're so stoked and absolutely humbled for Pacific Ale to be voted #1 in The Hottest 100 Aussie Craft Beers of 2015 and for all of our beers to be ranked alongside the long list of epic Aussie brews. Thank you to all you legends who voted for our beers and to everyone for your ongoing support! Cheers!!
Take a look at the nation's top 10 to see if your favourite froth made the list:
- ‘Pacific Ale’ Australian-style Pale Ale (Stone & Wood, NSW)
- ‘Hop Hog’ American-style IPA (Feral, WA)
- ‘IIPA’ Double American-style IPA (Pirate Life, SA) NEW
- ‘Pale Ale’ American-style Pale Ale (Pirate Life, SA) NEW
- ‘Pale Ale’ American-style Pale Ale (Little Creatures, WA)
- ‘150 Lashes’ Australian-style Pale Ale (James Squire, NSW)
- ‘Pale Ale’ American-style Pale Ale (4 Pines, NSW)
- ‘Kolsch’ (4 Pines, NSW)
- ‘Former Tenant’ American-style IPA (Modus Operandi, NSW)
- ‘Karma Citra’ Black IPA (Feral, WA) GABS (2011)
Feeling thirsty yet? Check out our beer video below.
Suggest a correction