Hollywood's night of nights is almost upon us, and this year, there could be 15 Australians taking home a golden statue.
Of course, that's if we blitzed every single category in which we were nominated, but a nation can dream, right?
Though the 88th Academy Awards is scheduled to take place on Sunday, February 28, 2016, for us Aussies it means catching all the action from 10am on Monday on the Nine Network, which will exclusively screen the telecast in local time.
Sadly, unless you're taking the day off to have an Oscars Party, you'll be at work when
Jennifer Lawrence stacks it again the ceremony kicks off.
But in good news, Nine is also streaming the ceremony live for the first time on its 9Now online service, meaning it's definitely worth having an extra tab open behind your spreadsheet (we won't dob if you don't).
First up, keep your eyes peeled for Cate Blanchett, who will not only be presenting on the night, but is up for Best Actress for her work in 'Carol'.
For a taste of Blanchett's performance, check out the trailer for 'Carol' below.
The remaining Aussie Oscar nods all come down to a single film, 'Mad Max: Fury Road'. George Miller's fourth installment of the iconic 'Mad Max' franchise scooped a cool 10 nominations, only two less than this year's most-nominated film, 'The Revenant.'
Along with Best Picture and Best Director, Fury Road is also a contender in the cinematography, costume design, film editing, makeup and hairstyling, production design, sound editing, sound mixing and visual effects categories.
But Cate and the 'Mad Max' gang aren't the only Aussies who will be hitting the red carpet this year. Along with Blanchett, Russell Crowe and Margot Robbie will each be presenting awards -- and that's not even beginning to count members of the "Gumleaf Mafia" bound to be in attendance just for a good time. (Hemsworth brothers, we're looking at you. Or at least, we're hoping to).
An Aussie is also producing the actual ceremony. David Hill, an L.A based TV exec is in charge of running the broadcast and has made a big call in having nominees submit a list of thank yous. The list of names will then scroll on the screens while the winner makes their acceptance speech in a bid to save time. Clever.
The Oscar winners will be announced at the 88th Academy Awards ceremony, hosted by comedian Chris Rock in Hollywood on February 28.
Aussie Oscar Nominations 2016
- Best Picture -- George Miller and Doug Mitchell ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Best Director -- George Miller ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Best Actress -- Cate Blanchett ('Carol')
- Cinematography -- John Seale ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Costume Design -- Jenny Beaven ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Film Editing -- Margaret Sixel ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Makeup and Hairstyling -- Lesley Vanderwalt, Elka Wardega, and Damian Martin ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Production Design -- Colin Gibson for Production Design, Lisa Thompson for Set Decoration ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Sound Editing -- Mark Mangini and David White ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Sound Mixing -- Chris Jenkins, Gregg Rudloff, and Ben Osmo ('Mad Max: Fury Road')
- Visual Effects -- Andrew Jackson, Tom Wood, Dan Oliver, and Andy Williams ('Mad Max: Fury Road').