NOW

Accused Sex Predator To Face Court After High-Speed Police Pursuit

The alleged sex attacker is facing a raft of serious charges.

26/06/2016 9:05 AM AEST | Updated 15/07/2016 12:54 PM AEST
NEW! HIGHLIGHT AND SHARE
Highlight text to share via Facebook and Twitter
shutterstock
A man who allegedly attacked two women is set to face court in Sydney.

An alleged sex attacker who police say assaulted a woman and a 13-year-old girl in Sydney has been charged over the separate terrifying incidents and refused bail.

Mustafa Kayirici, 26, was nabbed by police after crashing his car in Bondi, in Sydney's eastern suburbs, on Saturday morning.

He was wanted for allegedly sexually assaulting and robbing a 22-year-old woman at gunpoint in a motel room on Park Street on June 19.

The man is also believed to have kidnapped a 13-year-old girl in Parramatta at knifepoint the following Friday, before sexually assaulting her at a number of locations in southwest Sydney.

Parramatta police and officers from the Sex Crimes Squad had been searching for him since the nightmarish attacks.

He was apprehended after a high speed pursuit on Saturday morning which was sparked when officers tried to stop a silver Ford sedan in Bondi.

The chase ended when the suspect's car crashed into a parked vehicle on Old South Head Road.

He was later charged with a long list of offences including kidnapping, 4 counts of indecent assault person under 16 years of age, 12 counts of aggravated sexual assault person under 16 years of age, and an act of indecency person under 16 years of age.

Appearing at Parramatta Bail Court via video link on Sunday afternoon, Kayirici was refused bail.

"I'm all over the news and it's wrong," he told the court, according to an ABC report.

"Right now I'm innocent."

Police prosecutor Sergeant Ben Bragger said bail would be "unthinkable". He told the court that "significant evidence" that was "highly inculpatory" of Mr Kayirici has been uncovered, including CCTV footage "showing the two parties together".

Magistrate Bailey refused bail, calling the man "a huge risk to the safety of the community".

The matter returns to Central Local Court on June 30.

More On This Topic

Advertisement
Advertisement