A harrowing photo from Thursday’s truck attack in Nice, France, shows a covered body lying on the ground next to a child’s doll.
The image, taken by Reuters’ Eric Gaillard, is striking a chord in the wake of the attack, which killed over 84 people.
A large truck plowed through a crowd of thousands gathered to watch a Bastille Day fireworks display. Shocking video footage shows the vehicle accelerating on a packed street.
“My husband picked up the kids and started running, I turned around and just saw so many dead people. I even saw a baby with its head totally crushed,” Linda, an eyewitness, told France’s iTélé over the phone.
Police officers shot dead the person driving the vehicle, which was loaded with guns and grenades.
French President Francois Hollande announced he will convene an emergency government summit Friday at 9 a.m. local time, following a crisis meeting held shortly after the attack.
- Devastation After Truck Plows Into Crowd In French City Of Nice
- What We Know About The Victims Of The Nice Attack
- Truck Barrelled, Zigzagged Into Crowd, Video Shows
- World Leaders, Mourners Stand In Solidarity
- French App Meant To Warn Of Emergencies Fails In A Big Way During Attack In Nice
- Vile: Newt Gingrich Says We Should ‘Test Every Person’ Of Muslim Descent
- Witnesses Relive ‘Carnage On The Road’ In Nice Terror Attack
- Lisez plus au Huffington Post