Emotions ran high as Brazil won its first-ever Olympic gold medal for men’s soccer Saturday.
His goal sparked tears of joy from himself, his teammates, fans and people all across the world.
It was sweet revenge against a German side who shamed the Brazilians at their own World Cup in 2014 with a crushing 7-1 semifinal defeat.
As Rio de Janeiro’s Maracana stadium and the city as a whole erupted in joy after Neymar’s goal, hundreds of Twitter users marked the historic moment online ― with many revealing they’d also shed tears of happiness at the host nation’s win.
Here are some of the best posts we’ve seen:
For more Olympics coverage:
- Snake Catching Makes Its Olympic Debut At Rio 2016
- 11 Weird Sports That Were Actually In The Olympics
- Amorous Couple Interrupts BBC’s Live Olympic Coverage
- Usain Bolt Is Just Too Flippin’ Quick For This Flipbook Artist
- Chinese Diver Pops The Question In Olympically Romantic Proposal
- Athlete Bows Out Of Rio 2016 With Olympic-Sized McDonald’s Meal