UPDATE (12 p.m. ET): Perhaps we spoke too soon. There’s a chance Kim Kardashian wasn’t quite ready to return to social media after all. By noon on Tuesday, the reality star deleted the photo she posted to Facebook the night before.
The Huffington Post has reached out to Kardashian’s rep for comment.
UPDATE 2 (1:45 p.m. ET): While she may not be internet ready, Kardashian is apparently planning to make a personal appearance with her makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic. According to Dedivanovic, Kardashian will appear as his model for a makeup class in Dubai on Jan. 13, 2017.
PREVIOUSLY: Kim Kardashian has made her triumphant return to social media.
The 36-year-old was radio silent on all platforms for nearly a month after she was robbed at gunpoint in Paris on Oct. 3, but that dark time appears to be coming to an end. On Monday, Kardashian took to Facebook to share a photo of herself in a chair looking at her iPhone, which she captioned, “Downtime #LumeeCollab.” Two links to Halloween-related posts on her website also appeared on Facebook Monday.
Notably, Facebook was the only platform Kardashian used, which is somewhat out of character for the reality star. Before her social media break, Kardashian would have blasted the image across all of her social channels ― especially Instagram and Twitter, since she has far more followers on those platforms than she does on Facebook.
Should we take Kardashian’s more restrained approach to social media as a sign that she intends to slow down, or is she just pacing herself? After Kardashian was robbed, there was much discussion about how her use of social media likely led to her being targeted and it’s possible that going forward she intends to scale back.
Multiple family members have told the press that Kardashian hasn’t been doing very well since the robbery, but an unnamed source recently told Entertainment Tonight that Kardashian “is definitely ready to start getting back to her normal life, little by little.”