For new parents, those first few weeks are a steep learning curve, trying to work out how to care for this new human who is relying on you to keep them alive.
No pressure then.
But don’t worry, because everyone from your mother-in-law to that random in the street will be quick to give you advice on how to raise your baby.
While some of it might be useful, there are plenty of things that first-time parents are sick and tired of hearing. Here are 12 of them.
1. Why aren’t you breastfeeding?
2. Why are you breastfeeding like that?
3. Will that birthmark fade?
4. But I thought you didn’t want a boy?
5. You don’t actually look that tired.
6. How many hours sleep are you getting?
7. Are you sleeping when the baby sleeps?
8. Have you tried doing it this way?
9. Have you managed to lose any weight yet?
10. Have you had sex yet?
11. When are you going back to work?
12. So when are you going to try for another one?
Suggest a correction