ENTERTAINMENT

6 Women Accuse Hollywood Producer Brett Ratner Of Sexual Harassment Or Misconduct: Report

The accusers include the actors Natasha Henstridge and Olivia Munn.

01/11/2017 11:53 PM AEDT | Updated 04/11/2017 9:38 AM AEDT
Michael Kovac via Getty Images
HOLLYWOOD, CA - OCTOBER 29: Honoree Brett Ratner accepts the Tree of Life Award onstage during the Jewish National Fund Los Angeles Tree Of Life Dinner at Loews Hollywood Hotel on October 29, 2017 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Michael Kovac/Getty Images for Jewish National Fund)

Six women have accused Hollywood producer and director Brett Ratner of sexual harassment or misconduct, according to a Los Angeles Times report published Wednesday.

The accusers, who include actors Natasha Henstridge and Olivia Munn, described alleged encounters that took place between the 1990s and early 2000s.

Henstridge said that Ratner, executive producer of the TV series “Prison Break,” forced her to perform oral sex on him in his New York apartment when she was 19. She said she fell asleep on his couch while watching TV with friends, and when she woke up, Ratner was allegedly blocking her exit.

“He strong-armed me in a real way. He physically forced himself on me,” Henstridge, now 43, told the Times. “At some point, I gave in and he did his thing.”

Munn alleged that Ratner masturbated in front of her in 2004 while she was visiting the set of “After the Sunset” in Santa Monica, California. She said she was told Ratner would not be in the trailer when she dropped off a meal for him.

Instead, she allegedly found him with “his belly sticking out, no pants on, shrimp cocktail in one hand and... furiously masturbating in the other.”

“Before I literally could even figure out where to escape or where to look, he ejaculated,” Munn told the Times.

None of the women reported the alleged incidents to police, according to the Times. Most sexual assault victims don’t report their attacks for a number of reasons, including fear of reprisal or fear of not being believed.

Ratner’s attorney, Martin Singer, “categorically” denied the accusations.

“I have represented Mr. Ratner for two decades, and no woman has ever made a claim against him for sexual misconduct or sexual harassment,” Singer told the Times. “Furthermore, no woman has ever requested or received any financial settlement from my client.”

Singer did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

Warner Bros. on Wednesday evening reportedly severed its ties with Ratner’s company. According to the Los Angeles Times, the studio will not renew its production deal. 

Ratner has produced, directed or financed dozens of well-known movies and TV shows, including “The Revenant,” “X-Men: The Last Stand” and “Rush Hour.”

Ratner is the latest entertainment executive to be accused of sexual misconduct since allegations of sexual harassment and abuse were reported against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein last month.

Read the Los Angeles Times story here.

More On This Topic