Indonesians are uniting in solidarity following the Jakarta attacks, declaring 'We Are Not Afraid'.
The hashtag #KamiTidakTakut -- translating to 'We Are Not Afraid -- is circulating on social media, as the Islamic State claim responsibility for the attacks killing at least seven people in Jakarta on Thursday.
The Australian Government has offered police and intelligence assets to Indonesia after explosions rocked the centre of their capital on Thursday.
Indonesian Police announced five assailants are dead while another six remain in custody.
A police officer was among the fatalities from the explosions and gunfire. Grenades were reportedly used in some of the seven explosions recorded.
Reports emerging on Thursday afternoon suggested officials received warnings the terrorist group had been planning an attack since December.
Indonesian President Joko Widodo condemned the attacks conveying his "deep condolences to the victims of this explosion".
“The state, nation and people should not be afraid of, and lose to, such terror acts," he said.
Attorney-General George Brandis announced in a statement the Australian Government will offer law enforcement and intelligence assistance to Indonesia, following the attacks, while Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull tweeted a message of solidarity in both English and Indonesian.
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop also said she had spoken to her Indonesian counterpart and offered support.
"Our embassy is making urgent enquiries with local authorities to determine whether any Australians have been affected. This incident is too early to determine the scale of the damage or extent of the casualties," she said in a statement.
"The Australian government condemns the attacks in Jakarta today."
According to an official Jakarta police Twitter account one explosion went off in front of a shopping center called the Sarinah mall.
There were also reports of a stand off at a local theatre.
Australia's ambassador to Indonesia, Paul Grigson, has warned travellers to limit their movements.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade also updated its travel warning to Australians, urging a "high degree of caution".
A number of explosions were reported in central Jakarta on 14 January 2016. Australians should avoid the affected area, limit their movements and follow the instructions of local authorities. The overall level of advice has not changed. We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Indonesia, including Bali.
Police told Reuters said they suspected a suicide bomber was responsible for at least one the blasts.
Media said six bombs went off and a witness saw three dead people and a gunfight going on. One blast went off in a Starbucks cafe and security forces were later seen entering the building.
"The Starbucks cafe windows are blown out. I see three dead people on the road. There has been a lull in the shooting but someone is on the roof of the building and police are aiming their guns at him," said a Reuters photographer.
According to the official Jakarta police Twitter account one explosion went off in front of a shopping center called the Sarinah mall, on a main city avenue.
Indonesia has been on edge over recent weeks about the danger of Islamist militants and counter-terrorism police have launched a crackdown on people with suspected links to Islamic State.
A witness told Fairfax Media how he helped an injured policeman while a young man carrying a gun opened fire at a police station in front of a McDonald's restaurant in Thamrin St. The witness said there was "a lot of blood".
DFAT has set up a hotline for Australians needing information about the attacks.
Within Australia: 1 300 555 135
Overseas: +61 2 6261 3305