27/01/2016 8:11 PM AEDT | Updated 15/07/2016 12:51 PM AEST

The Roosters Are Investigating Following Release Of Lewd Mitchell Pearce Video

Fairfax Media

Sydney Roosters star player Mitchell Pearce is being investigated following the release of a lewd video which shows him urinating on a couch and simulating a sexual act with a dog.

The video, which was filmed by a fellow partygoer, shows Pearce attempting to kiss a young woman, who rebuffs his advances and pushes him away. He then urinates on himself and the couch he is sitting on, before picking up a pet dog and pretending to perform a sexual act.

Roosters Captain Mitchell Pearce laughs as the party host tells him he has gone too far.

The homeowner tells him he has gone too far, grabs the dog and says "Get out now". He resists leaving and is eventually escorted out by fellow partygoers.

Pearce had posted photos of himself on Instagram earlier that day with fellow NRL players at a sanctioned boat cruise on Sydney Harbour:

It is understood that he and some teammates continued their Australia Day celebrations at the apartment where the incident took place, although they were not involved in the lewd behaviour.

The NRL issued a statement asking the Roosters to investigate the incident.

"The Integrity Unit will work with the Roosters to ensure the matter is dealt with appropriately," the NRL spokesman said.

This was then followed by a statement from the Sydney Roosters, announcing that they will be investigating the incident:

"The Sydney Roosters are aware of an incident involving Mitchell Pearce.

"The Club has advised the NRL’s Integrity Unit.

"The Club will conduct an internal investigation and will be making no further comment at this time."

It is not the first time that Mitchell Pearce has got himself into trouble with alcohol-fuelled misconduct.

In 2014, he was suspended from The Roosters and fined $20,000 for an incident in a Kings Cross night club involving a young woman.

CCTV footage showed Pearce apparently lunging or grabbing at the woman, who subsequently filed a complaint. The police had to be called when he refused to leave and fined him $500 for refusal to leave a licensed premise.

He was reinstated to the Roosters in 2015 after apparently cleaning up his act, but this latest incident could cost him dearly. However, he may take comfort in his own advice on his Instagram bio:

"This too shall pass - enjoy the good times and roll with the bad, there is always light around the corner :)"