It’s the weekend and you’re about to stuff your face with doughnuts, cakes and ice cream.
And while all those things are ridiculously delicious, they’re probably not helping with the trying-to-be-healthy thing.
So if you’re not too tempted by doughnut porn, have a go at making these Carrot Cake Bliss Balls from the latest issue of Donna Hay's Fresh + Light magazine.
This fresh twist on carrot cake combines the classic flavours of the traditional dessert for a healthy, bite-sized ball of carrot cake delight.
Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
- 3 cups (360g) pecans
- 20 fresh pitted dates
- 2 carrots (160g), peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⅓ cups (130g) LSA mix
- Place 1 cup (120g) of the pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the dates, carrot, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, LSA mix and remaining pecans in the food processor and process for 1–2 minutes or until the mixture comes together.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and roll in the chopped pecan to coat.
Tip: The bliss balls will keep refrigerated for 2–3 weeks.