Summer is here, and for those living in New England that means it's lobster roll season. All along the coast, from Connecticut to Maine, seafood shacks open their windows to sell lobster rolls (though you can often find them inland too). They are part of the reason the New England coastline is so beautiful.
Depending on where you're located in New England, lobster rolls are served warm, dressed in a healthy amount of melted butter (Connecticut) or served as a salad, chilled with mayonnaise (Maine). We're not going to get into the debate as to which is superior -- in our opinion they're all great because, well, lobster.
Instead, we think you should focus your energy on learning how to make them at home. It's easy, can be made anywhere in the country, and a whole lot more affordable, too.
- 1Connecticut Style Lobster RollsBell'Alimento
- 2Tarragon Mayonnaise Lobster RollsAlexandra Cooks
- 3Easy Classic Lobster RollsThe Suburban Soapbox
- 4Brown Butter Lobster RollsA Better Happier St. Sebastian
- 5New England Lobster Rolls with Lemon Chive MayonnaiseJames Ransom/Food52
- 6BLT And Potato Chip Lobster Rolls With Peach SalsaHalf Baked Harvest
- 7Butter And Coconut Milk Lobster RollsMy Lavender Blues
- 8Lobster Rolls With Garlic Bread HoagiesCooking for Keeps
- 9Poor-Man's Lobster Rolls (A.K.A. Shrimp Rolls)Love & Olive Oil