By some estimates, Americans throw away half of all the produce grown in our country because it just doesn’t look pretty enough.
The above video from Ted-Ed perfectly explains why certain fruits and vegetables develop those patchy discolored spots and the mushy areas we sometimes call “bruises.” It turns out that simple fungi and bacteria are to blame, but they aren’t the kind that can make you sick ― and they don’t prevent the fruit from being used.
- Pear Cranberry CrispCookie And Kate
- Sugar Roasted Peach Pie Ice CreamHow Sweet It Is
- Homemade ApplesauceAlexandra's Kitchen
- Peach And Rosemary LemonadeAdventures in Cooking
- Pear And Parsnip SoupAlexandra's Kitchen
- Raspberry Peach Hand PiesFoodie Crush
- Melon Lemonade Margarita PopsiclesHalf Baked Harvest
- Bacon, Pear And Blue Cheese MacaroniAdventures in Cooking
- Apple Pear Praline PieCompletely Delicious
- Big Apple PancakeAlexandra's Kitchen
- Strawberry Acai SmoothieHalf Baked Harvest