16/09/2016 9:43 AM AEST | Updated 16/09/2016 11:58 AM AEST

The Aboriginal Teenager's Death That's Torn Apart A Small Community

Tensions in Kalgoorlie are seriously rising.

A 55-year-old man was charged with manslaughter after Elijah's death.
Facebook/Elijah Doughty
A 55-year-old man was charged with manslaughter after Elijah's death.

The death of an Aboriginal teenager in Kalgoorlie two weeks ago has sparked a series of violent protests and racially charged abuse as the small West Australian town finds itself deeply divided.

Reprisals following the death Elijah, 14, have stretched into a third week, after a house linked to a man charged with Elijah Doughty's death was set on fire by arsonists.

Elijah died after he was allegedly struck by a ute while riding a stolen motorbike police have linked to the accused. A 55-year-old man was charged with manslaughter, a decision that was met with a riot outside Kalgoorlie courthouse where many were reportedly angry the charge was not more serious.

On Thursday night, a house linked to the 55-year-old went up in flames.

"No arrests have been made at this point and the public are requested not to speculate or draw conclusions on the matter and allow Police to conduct the investigation," Kalgoorlie police said in a Facebook post.

"We remind everyone that comments made on social media that are considered racially motivated or that incite violence are being monitored by Police and will be investigated."

The ABC reports the police are treating the the fire as suspicious, while the house and its contents have been valued at $250,000.

NITV reports that hours later, two four-wheel drives allegedly drove into a camp being used as the site for a memorial for Elijah, and nearly collided with people who were camped there.

In late August a dozen police were injured and several people arrested following a protest over Elijah's death. Demonstrators tried to force their way into the local courthouse, which was placed in lockdown, while five police cars were damaged, as well as a local business.

The riots happened after a series of racially charged posts appeared on Facebook.

Two pages were reportedly shut down after being criticised for driving tensions ahead of the riot.