If you watched the Emmy Awards red carpet Sunday night, you might have noticed a few things: a lot of yellow gowns, for starters, and Sarah Paulson and Kerry Washington completely obliterating the game, for finishers.
One thing you may not have picked up on? An extremely heavy showing of not-so-heavy eyeliner. That’s right, stars like Kristen Bell and Tracee Ellis Ross traded in the typically deep, smoky liner look seen on the carpet for a softer, more natural look.
Some appeared to opt for a lighter color than black and some wore none at all. All of them, of course, looked stunning and are totally inspiring our next night out makeup routine: Big lashes and minimal liner anyone?
Take a look at some of our favorite looks from the night below.
- Kristen BellFrazer Harrison via Getty Images
- Tracee Ellis RossJeff Kravitz via Getty Images
- Jaime KingJB Lacroix via Getty Images
- Sarah HylandJon Kopaloff via Getty Images
- Grace GummerJB Lacroix via Getty Images
- Amanda PeetJohn Shearer via Getty Images
- Georgia KingJB Lacroix via Getty Images
- Tori KellyFrazer Harrison via Getty Images
But fear not, heavy eyeliner enthusiasts. Emily Ratajkowski was on hand to satisfy your dramatic eye makeup craving.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post identified Georgia King as Maggie Grace. It has been updated to reflect the correct name.