Oatmeal is a smart way to start the day. It’s full of fiber, has a decent amount of protein and is dirt cheap. Plus, it’s really easy to make.
People general top oatmeal with sweet things ― like raisins, sugar and cinnamon ― but we think oatmeal makes a more complete and heartier breakfast when savory. We’re talking eggs, greens and sometimes bacon mixed into a warm bowl of oats. (We really can have it all!)
We haven’t even told you the best part about savory oats. They’re so good ― and filling ― they can be eaten for lunch or dinner, too. Here are some ideas on how you can start making your oats savory.
- 1Savory Oatmeal With Garlicky Greens And BaconHeartbeet Kitchen
- 2Greens-Loaded Steel Cut OatsCookie And Kate
- 3Mushroom, Kale And Miso Steel Cut OatsThe Full Helping
- 4Savory Oatmeal With Roasted Squash, Soft-Boiled Eggs And Herb OilYummy Beet
- 5Savory Spanish OatmealDestination Delish
- 6Bacon, Cheddar And Egg Savory OatmealMacheesmo
- 7Savory Turmeric Chickpea OatmealThe Full Helping
- 8Savory Oatmeal With Poached Egg And Hollandaise SauceWhat Should I Eat For Breakfast Today
- 9Cheesy Oats With Avocado And Fried EggZen and Spice