Some of the nine Aussie men arrested in Malaysia for stripping down to budgie smugglers with the Malaysian national flag at the Grand Prix have returned home.
After arriving back in Sydney on Friday morning, Nicolas Kelly addressed the media to speak for the group of mates who spent four nights in a Malaysian jail cell.
"We'd like to take this opportunity to express our deep gratitude and thanks to the Australian consulate in Malaysia as well as also to our families for all that they've done for us over the last couple of days," Kelly told media on Friday.
"We'd like to urge all Australians travelling overseas in the future to be very aware of the cultural differences and sensitivities that exist in other nations.
"We'd like to take this opportunity to ask you to please be respectful of our families' privacy at this time."
The nine Australians plead guilty to public nuisance and were let off without a conviction in Sepang Magistrates Court on Thursday.
Eight of the men -- including Nicolas Kelly, 27, Thomas Whitworth, 28, Adam Pasfield, 25, Branden Stobbs, 29, Thomas Laslett, 28,Edward Leaney, 25, James Paver, 27, and Timothy Yates, 29 -- arrived back in Australia on Friday.
Jack Walker, who is an adviser to Defence Industry Minister Christopher Pyne, has reportedly remained in Malaysia with his family.
On Thursday, the company behind the controversial undergarments worn by nine Aussie men broke its silence on the matter, saying "no offence was intended" by their clothing, which emblazons national flags across people's backsides.
Budgy Smuggler is the Australian company which produced the swimwear -- branded with the Malaysian flag -- that the nine men stripped down to after Daniel Ricciardo's Grand Prix win on Monday.
The men were arrested soon after, and pictures of them dancing in their underwear and swilling beer from their shoes went viral on social media.
Despite the swimwear prominently bearing their logo being splashed around the world in coverage of the 'Budgy Nine', the company has largely kept its silence; until Thursday night, when it used Instagram to put out a public statement defending itself and sending a message of support to the group.
"To win the Photo of the Month it always helps if there's a little bit of a story behind the photo. I think it's safe to say the Budgy 9 are in the lead for October," Budgy Smuggler said wryly, before getting a little more serious.
"We've produced over 50 flags without international incident and it is genuinely meant as a sign of embracing cultures and also often for people from other countries to embrace an Australian tradition. No offence was intended in the production of the pairs," the company continued.
"Wishing the boys a safe trip home. Bring them home."
Speaking to News Corp earlier this week, the company's head Adam Linforth said that "given the political sensitivity we won't be making the Malaysian flag any more."