A man has been charged with murder after allegedly shooting dead a 20-year-old man in Sydney's northwest on Friday.
The 29-year-old man alleged shooter was arrested at the scene on Friday night and was subsequently charged with murder as well as drug and firearm offences, police said on Sunday.
The 20-year-old victim has been named in media reports as Riccardo Coleman.
Police on Saturday said it was believed the victim and alleged gunman knew each other.
"While it is too early to speculate about a motive for the shooting, our information so far indicates it is a targeted attack," Superintendent Robert Critchlow said.
"All the information provided to detectives so far tells us the men have known each other for some time. While they are not next-door neighbours, they do live in close proximity."
The victim was found with a gunshot wound to the neck outside a home in Baulkham Hills on Friday night. He was rushed to Westmead hospital but later died, police said.
Both men were previously known to police, Macquarie Radio has reported.