The holidays are rooted in culinary traditions that cross over generations and span continents. Traditions that ― as great as they might be ― you should occasionally consider breaking away from for the sake of shaking things up.
We’re not saying that you should rethink the holiday entirely, we’re merely suggesting that you consider deviating from the same old roast that often sits at the center of the table. As great as a roast can be ― beef, bird or ham ― there are other options just as deserving out there.
We have 12 of those great options for you below. By the time you see them all you won’t have any doubts that it’s time to switch up this holiday meal.
- 1Crispy Prosciutto Cheesy White LasagnaHalf Baked Harvest
- 2Slow Cooker Cabernet Beef Short Ribs With Mascarpone PolentaHow Sweet It Is
- 3Smoky Oven Baked Salmon With Horseradish SauceA Spicy Perspective
- 4Seafood Stew With Saffron RiceFeasting at Home
- 5Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato And Basil MeatballsMinimalist Baker
- 6Cranberry Beef BourguignonHalf Baked Harvest
- 7Beef StroganoffBev Cooks
- 8Spaghetti And MeatballsHalf Baked Harvest
- 9Baked Haddock With Roasted Tomato And FennelFeasting at Home
- 10Pulled Pork Gnocchi In Italian Cream SauceBev Cooks
- 11Seafood And Chorizo PaellaHalf Baked Harvest
- 12Holiday Butternut Squash Lasagna Rolls With SpinachNaturally Ella