In 2016 alone, Denver-based birth photographer Monet Nicole attended 65 births, capturing an incredible range of intimate moments.
Nicole began specializing in birth photography in 2013 after the birth of her first daughter (she now has two). Birth photography, she believes, not only helps moms and families connect to the best parts of their labor and delivery experiences, but also see the small, powerful moments they may have otherwise forgotten or missed.
Here, Nicole shares 15 of her favorite moments from the last year.
- 1When this elated mama met her sweet preemie.Monet Nicole
- 2When this little guy visited his mom's office.Monet Nicole
- 3When this proud auntie burst into tears.Monet Nicole
- 4When this baby was born 'en caul.'Monet Nicole
- 5When this watchful pup wasn't so sure about his new family member.Monet Nicole
- 6When this mama tapped into her raw power.Monet Nicole
- 7When this newborn sucked on her surgeon's finger.Monet Nicole
- 8When this ridiculously cute birth attendant stuck by her mom.Monet Nicole
- 9When this umbilical cord got all wrapped up—but everyone was OK.Monet Nicole
- 10When this couple fell in love all over again.Monet Nicole
- 11When this baby came out fast and furious.Monet Nicole
- 12When this baby latched right on.Monet Nicole
- 13When this girl became a proud big sister.Monet Nicole
- 14When she watched her own sister become a mom.Monet Nicole
- 15When this mom and baby had their very first hug.Monet Nicole
Captions have been edited and condensed.