More than 30 homes have been lost in NSW's bushfire emergency as hundreds of firefighters continue to battle more than 60 fires across the state.
The NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) has confirmed 30 homes have been destroyed so far in the crisis that erupted on the weekend in the state's central west.
However, RFS Deputy Commissioner Rob Rogers conceded the full extent of property loss was still unclear as evacuated residents returned home to bushfire-ravaged regions.
"There (are) a lot of people also waiting to find out if their homes were lost so we ask people to be patient, we are working very hard on that," Rogers said on Monday night.
On Tuesday morning, 64 bushfires continued to burn across NSW, with the Sir Ivan Fire, near Dunedoo, classified as the most serious at watch and act alert level.
So far there have been no reports of lives lost in the fires, but some people have sustained injuries.
The Sir Ivan Fire has so far burnt through around 52,000 hectares of bushland and is responsible for wiping out the small town of Uarbry, about 120 kilometres from Dubbo.
The RFS said that the fire remained out-of-control and was tracking north east towards the hamlets of Leadville, Coolah and Cassilis.
"The fire is currently burning to the east of Dunedoo moving in a north-easterly direction," RFS said.
Overnight, fire crews took advantage of easing conditions to extinguish areas of active fire and mop up along the southern edge of the fire.
Around 400 firefighters reportedly worked through the night to strengthen containment lines, with authorities warning that conditions are changing rapidly.
The current emergency broke out in what have been described as the worst ever bushfire conditions to grip the state that included extreme heat, low humidity and strong winds.
However, the extent of the devastation wrought by this week's fires is far less than occurred during the catastrophic "Black Christmas" fires across NSW in 2001-02.
In those fires, around 3,000 square kilometres were burnt, with 121 homes destroyed and 36 damaged.
The deadliest blazes in Australia's history, the so-called "Black Saturday", occurred in February 2009, claiming 173 lives and injuring 414 people. Over 450,000 square kilometres were burnt, and more than 2,000 homes destroyed in Victoria.
ALSO ON HUFFPOST AUSTRALIA