Twenty-one people are reportedly in a critical condition in hospital after overdosing at a Melbourne electronic music festival.
The ill fans were rushed to hospitals in "serious conditions" from the Electric Parade festival held at Sidney Myer Music Bowl on Saturday, NewsCorp Australia reports.
Ambulance Victoria told NewsCorp they were called out to 20 reports of "substance abuse."
Ambulance Victoria State Health Commander Paul Holman said most affected revellers overdosed on notorious party drug GHB. There are reports the substance may have been a synthetic version of GHB.
25 people fighting for their life after a mass drug overdose at the Electric Parade Music Festival in Melbourne. https://t.co/mlDHYvfTby— 7 News Sydney (@7NewsSydney) February 18, 2017
It is reportedly the highest number of overdoses seen at a music festival in recent times and is likely to renew calls for pill testing kits to be made available to revellers.
The dance festival kicked off at 1pm and ran until 10pm local time.
On Sunday morning, Victoria Police confirmed 21 people were taken to hospital and said officers made 40 people at the festival.
"Of those 33 males and seven females arrested, 28 people received diversions and two received cannabis cautions," a police spokesperson said in a statement.
"One man was charged and remanded overnight after quantities of ecstasy, cocaine, MDMA, LSD, ketamine and hash were located on him."
ALSO ON HUFFPOST AUSTRALIA