Who doesn't love a snack that's basically as delicious and impressive as a full blown meal?
Simple, colourful and much healthier than chomping on a choccy bar to sate those arvo snack cravings, pumpkin bread bruschetta also makes a delicious starter for a dinner party. Here's how to whip it up...
- 2 ripe heirloom tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 ripe yellow heirloom tomatoes, finely chopped
- 50g baby bocconcini, drained, coarsely torn
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices pumpkin bread
Combine the tomato, bocconcini, basil, garlic, vinegar and half the oil in a bowl. Season with pepper.
2. Glaze and Grill
Brush both sides of the pumpkin bread with the remaining oil. Toast until golden brown.
Spoon tomato mixture onto the pumpkin bread and place on a serving platter to serve.