For many newlyweds, the wedding night isn't all it's cracked up to be. The expectation is a glamorous evening full of endless champagne and awesome sex (hey, it's possible!). The reality usually involves scarfing down some fast food and then passing out soon after.
We asked HuffPost readers how they actually spent their first night as a married couple. See what they had to say below:
1. "I laid on the floor of the living room with my wife and two of my bridesmaids eating Taco Bell tortilla chips before finally going to bed, getting up to puke from having so much to drink at the reception, coming back to bed and then passing the f**k out." ― Katie H.
2. "My husband fell asleep, all clothes on, shoes too, about two minutes after we got into the room. And oh yeah, my mother was sharing a room with us. So I spent most of my night awake on my phone and Netflix because I had them snoring on each side. Even still, I wouldn't have changed it for anything. ― Brittany S.
3. "There was a mouse in our mountain cabin. It had made a mess of the tidy and well-stocked honeymoon surprise accommodations. Every time my husband heard it scurry in the night, he'd hop out of bed to check the traps in the kitchen. He was out to get the rodent, not so much his bride! Thankfully, 28 years later we can laugh about it." ― Kimberly B.
4. "My spouse and I spent the night playing Pokemon Go (it had just come out) and laughing with our friends until late in the evening. We then laid in bed for hours talking and laughing and just saying 'I love you.' It was the grossest, most affectionate thing I had done and I wouldn't trade it for the world. We passed out slightly after midnight and couldn't be bothered to have sex. We waited until the next day." ― Fernando J.
5. "That night I slept in one bed with our 4.5-month-old baby because she was nursing still and my husband slept in the other bed at the motel." ― Lisa N.
6. We went out to sing karaoke at a lesbian dive bar. We sang 'A Whole New World' in our wedding dresses. Went to our hotel, grabbed coffee in the lobby, and pored over all the well-wishes on social media before crashing." ― Darek Y.
7. "I was so sweaty and gross from dancing the whole reception I told him I had to shower before we did anything. Then we had our fun. Around 2 a.m. I was starving (because no one ever lets the bride and groom eat, they're all wanting pictures and to give their congratulations). So my husband and I went to Denny's just down the street from our hotel, and we ate Grand Slams and watched a movie before crashing for good." ― Heather B.
8. "We had dinner with our parents at our favorite restaurant, then came home to drink wine and watch the season finale of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' (my husband correctly guessed the lip sync winners), followed immediately by watching 'Starship Troopers.' Oh, and then we played video games. Absolutely a perfect evening." ― Nicole G.
9. "We went out dancing with friends and came home at 3 a.m. starving. Spent our night cuddling and eating room service mac & cheese and then passing out. Sexy time was saved for the morning once we had the energy." ― Katrin B.
10. "We totally forgot to eat at our reception. My mom's friend was kind enough to load us up with a plate full of wedding cake before we left. That night, we sat in the jacuzzi in our room and ate cake before we...well, you know." ― Keeana P.
11. "We got married in a chapel on our college campus on a Wednesday evening, and afterwards we went to our dorm room and watched 'The Princess Bride' until we passed out. Had to go take a music theory exam the next morning!" ― Emma P.