16/10/2017 5:22 PM AEDT | Updated 16/10/2017 5:48 PM AEDT

Elisa Curry Disappearance: Police Confirm Human Remains Are Those Of Missing Jogger

The 43-year-old had not been seen since AFL Grand Final night.

Human remains found near Anglesea have been identified as those of missing mum Elisa Curry.

The body of missing Melbourne mother Elisa Curry has been found and identified, Victoria Police confirmed on Monday.

Authorities said human remains found near Anglesea on Wednesday October 11 are those of the missing 43-year-old, who was last seen at her Aireys Inlet holiday home on September 30.

"Police were called to Point Roadknight beach about 11.30am on Wednesday after a woman walking a dog located suspected human remains," a police statement said.

"The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage but the investigation remains ongoing."

In the days following Curry's disappearance, members of the Victoria Police, State Emergency Service (SES) and search authorities were left well and truly stumped as rescuers intensively scoured the Great Otway National Park around her residence for her whereabouts.

While the details of her final movements prior to her disappearance remain unclear, she was reportedly last seen on the night of the AFL Grand Final on Saturday, September 30 at her Aireys Inlet home.

Her husband and children -- who are aged between seven and 12 -- had all travelled to Melbourne to attend that sporting event and, earlier in the day, it has been claimed that the keen marathon runner sent the Herald Sun a text message around the time the match started.

It is believed she watched the Final with a female friend before a separate neighbouring couple then came to visit Curry at her home later on in the night, also leaving together.

The female neighbour of that couple is then thought to have returned to Curry's home at around 10:30pm to discuss what has been described as a "personal matter" -- this is also believed to be the last moment the mother was seen as she prepared to get into bed.

Her family then returned from the Grand Final during the day on Sunday October 1 to find Curry, the family dog and her mobile phone missing. Her dog was later found wandering around the local streets around 6pm on Monday October 2, leading to hopes that she would be found although to no avail.

Since the alarm was raised, more than 100 volunteers and members of emergency services, the SES, the Country Fire Authority (CFA), Parks Victoria and Victoria Police Mounted Branch, Water Police and Search and Rescue went about looking over bushland, walking tracks, beachsides and cliffs within a 20km radius of the Aireys Inlet home.

As the search ramped up, the inspections also included a police helicopter scouring over the area, police officers examining empty houses and sheds and water police looking over nearby creeks and beaches.

Despite this, the search area was eventually scaled back from a 20km radius around Curry's house to just a 300m radius before being wrapped up completely a week after her disappearance.