Photographers from around the world competed for the best underwater photo — and we are submerged in the results.
The 2018 Underwater Photographer of the Year awards were announced this week, encompassing categories from Behavior to Wrecks to Macro. See the winners from each category below.
- Category: Wide Angle©Greg Lecoeur/UPY2018
- Category: Macro©Shane Gross/UPY2018
- Category: Wrecks©Tobias Friedrich/UPY2018
- Category: Behavior©Filippo Borghi/UPY2018
- Category: Portrait©Tanya Houppermans/UPY2018
- Category: Black & White©Borut Furlan/UPY2018
- Category: Compact©Simone Matucci/UPY2018
- Category: Up & Coming©Man BD/UPY2018
- Category: British Waters Wide Angle©Grant Thomas/UPY2018
- Category: British Waters Macro©Henley Spiers/UPY2018
- Category: British Waters Compact©Vicky Paynter/UPY2018
- Bonus: Most Promising British Underwater Photographer©Tony Stephenson/UPY2018
You can check out images of the runners up for each category at the Underwater Photographer of the Year competition website.