We've never met a brownie we didn't like. Trouble is, we can't seem to make a batch without devouring the entire pan.
Since classic brownie recipes can be packed with refined sugars and fats, they can be a problematic temptation if you're trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
But brownies don't have to be a once-in-a-blue-moon indulgence. Thanks to the wonderful world of healthy food blogs, we stumbled upon quite a few healthy brownie recipes that you could even eat for breakfast.
Some recipes use beans instead of flour and others substitute dates or maple syrup for sugar -- these and other healthy baking secrets will totally change the way you make brownies.
Below, 15 healthy and delicious brownie recipes that will satisfy your sweet tooth and your healthy sensibilities.
- 1Sweet Potato BrowniesVeguKate
- 2Black Bean BrowniesChocolate Covered Katie
- 3Spiced Paleo BrowniesHealthy Nibbles & Bits
- 4Healthy Avocado BrowniesThe Healthy Maven
- 5Healthy Chocolate Chip Chickpea BlondiesChocolate Covered Katie
- 6Two-Layer Raw Chocolate BrowniesOh She Glows
- 7No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie BarsChocolate Covered Katie
- 8Healthy Triple Chocolate Zucchini BrowniesHoney & Figs
- 9Gooey Black Bean and Beet BrowniesLemons & Basil
- 1020-Minute Gluten Free BrowniesThe Fitchen
- 11Raw Peppermint Brownies With Vanilla Cashew Icing24 Carrot Life
- 12Gluten-Free Hazelnut BrowniesNaturally Ella
- 13Pumpkin & Chocolate Dream BrowniesVeguKate
- 14Paleo Salted Caramel BrowniesThe Healthy Foodie
- 15Salted Caramel Almond Butter BrowniesHoney & Figs