Guys go bald. It just happens. Even if you have a luxuriously ample shock of hair, the chances are high that you're going to lose it, or at least some of it, by the time you're 35.
According to the American Hair Loss Association, two-thirds of men experience androgenetic alopecia, or common male pattern baldness, by their mid-thirties -- 85 percent will have "significantly thinning" hair by the time they're 50.
Of course, you can style it in different ways -- Trump comes to mind, and Julius Caesar (who had a receding hairline) famously combed all his hair forward (and reportedly tried a remedy of ground up mice, horse teeth and bear grease, but to no avail).
Or, you can commit to your destiny, let your head do its thing and walk around with the confidence a bald man commands.
As Larry David once said in an interview with the Laugh Factory Magazine, "Women love a self-confident bald man. Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man -- there's your diamond in the rough."
Aging is a fact of life, but as these guys show, going bald can actually be the best thing to happen to the top of your head.
- Larry David: 1981 vs. 2015ABC Photo Archives via Getty Images
- Bobby Bank via Getty Images
- Jason Statham: 1990 vs. 2016
- Andre Agassi: 1988 vs. 2015Bob Martin via Getty Images
- David Becker via Getty Images
- Patrick Stewart: 1976 vs. 2015
- Jenny Anderson via Getty Images
- Taye Diggs: 1998 vs. 2016Jim Smeal via Getty Images
- Steve Granitz via Getty Images
- Seal: 1991 vs. 2016Rob Verhorst via Getty Images
- Kevin Winter via Getty Images
- Bruce Willis: 1985 vs. 2015ABC Photo Archives via Getty Images
- Bruce Glikas via Getty Images
- Kelly Slater: 1991 vs. 2014John Stanton via Getty Images
- Ilya S. Savenok via Getty Images
- Ben Kingsley: 1983 vs. 2016Ron Galella via Getty Images
- Jeff Vespa via Getty Images
- Kobe Bryant: 2000 vs. 2016Lawrence K. Ho via Getty Images
- Victor Decolongon via Getty Images
- Derek Jeter: 1996 vs. 2015New York Daily News via Getty Images
- Tibrina Hobson via Getty Images