Many people outside of the fashion industry turn up their noses at runway "trends" and for very good reason. A lot of the hair, makeup and nail looks we see on the catwalks and at presentations are ostentatious and off-putting. But, we're glad to report that there are a couple of spring 2016 beauty trends worth copying, especially as the temperatures rise.
Your granny's blue eyeshadow got a modern update thanks to Diane Von Furstenberg and Nanette Lepore outfitting models' eyelids in cool green-blue tones. Think dark lips are just for the winter months? Anna Sui has convinced us to keep that tube of burgundy lipstick in our handbags year round. And we've stepped up our Mani Monday game by taking a cue from the bright French manicures at Tibi and Cushnie et Ochs.
Ready to spruce up your spring beauty routine? Below are five runway trends that are truly beautiful and totally wearable.
- 1. Aqua Blue EyeshadowJP Yim via Getty Images
- Aqua Blue EyeshadowGrant Lamos IV via Getty Images
- 2. Whip-It-Real-Good Rope BraidsMireya Acierto via Getty Images
- Whip-It-Real-Good Rope BraidsJACK TAYLOR via Getty Images
- 3. Dark & Dramatic LipsVictor VIRGILE via Getty Images
- Dark & Dramatic LipsVictor VIRGILE via Getty Images
- 4. Gilded Hair JewelsAndrew Toth via Getty Images
- Gilded Hair JewelsNARS Cosmetics
- 5. Fresher-Than-Fresh French ManicuresJINSoon
- Fresher-Than-Fresh French ManicuresChristian Louboutin
Do you want to be more mindful about eating healthy foods that'll keep your mind and body at their best? Sign up for our newsletter and join our Eat Well, Feel Great challenge to learn how to fuel your body in the healthiest way possible. We'll deliver tips, challenges and advice to your inbox every day.