The events of 2020 have seemed pretty surreal. So much so that the coronavirus pandemic can be retold using the science fiction and horror films that came before it.
Filmmaker Michael Dougherty, who wrote and directed “Trick ’r Treat” and “Godzilla: King of the Monsters,” and editor Evan Gorski put their genre expertise to work to do just that. The result is an epic movie mashup titled “Everything I Need to Know to Survive COVID-19 I Learned By Watching Sci-fi & Horror Movies.”
Using clips from films like “The Shining,” “Jaws,” “I Am Legend,” “Terminator,” “Alien” “Shaun of the Dead” and “World War Z,” the 3.5-minute supercut pulls together moments from classic movies to create a quirky survival guide for everyday life during the crisis.
Check out “Everything I Need to Know to Survive COVID-19 I Learned By Watching Sci-fi & Horror Movies” above.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.