Anyone who has anxiety knows it’s a real treat. The mental health condition affects approximately 40 million American adults and comes with horrible physical and mental symptoms like rumination, emotional distress, headaches and stomach problems.
It can be hard to explain to someone who doesn’t experience the condition what it’s like to deal with it on a daily basis. Thankfully, that’s where the internet comes in.
Someecards has long captured the plight of dealing with the condition while also making us laugh. Below are a few brutally honest (and pretty funny!) snapshots of what it’s like to have anxiety, from negative nighttime thoughts to frequent panic to how it affects relationships:
1. Anxiety makes you believe everything is a problem:
2. It also causes you to ruminate constantly:
3. The disorder requires support, which could include therapy and medication:
4. Anxiety turns things like airline flights into impending doom:
5. It often puts you in a heightened state of stress:
6. And makes you fearful of social situations:
7. Anxiety keeps you awake at night:
8. It makes the little things feel like impossible feats:
9. It takes a toll on your day-to-day routine:
10. Anxiety disorders may also cause panic attacks, which can pop up at any time:
11. It sometimes takes a toll on relationships:
12. But, above all, it’s a manageable health condition that deserves sensitivity and proper treatment:
Suggest a correction