Aaron Gillies and his wife Lex have been married for a year. In that time, Gillies has observed his wife's tendency to cry at just about anything and everything.
Read the full text below:
Reasons My Wife Is Crying:
- "She found out swans can be gay and thought it was really nice."
- "She was hungover and saw a picture of a piglet."
- "I waited until it was dark and pretended to be The Babadook."
- "The fluffy bunny escaped from an arctic fox in a documentary."
- "There were no biscuits in the house."
- "She remembered swans can be gay."
- "I tried to hold her hand when she wasn't expecting it."
- "I cooked her dinner after a long day."
- "She watched a video about a dog."
Gillies told The Huffington Post that his wife found the list "very amusing" and didn't mind him sharing it online.
"I did ask her before I posted it online, as I didn't want her to get any negative attention from it, as usually happens with the internet," he said. "She doesn't care that she is an emotional person, and it ends up being brilliant for anecdotes!"
On Monday, Gillies also posted the list to Imgur where it was viewed more than 2 million times and counting. The attention the post has garnered is far more than Gillies ever anticipated.
"I thought it would get about 12 retweets from people that know Lex in real life and know what she is like," he told HuffPost. "Neither of us thought it would go this big! But so many people are identifying with it, maybe sensitivity is seen as something not many people talk about openly, so seeing someone show it started a rather large conversation!"
Also on HuffPost: